Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Keys in Boot

Never carry more than two items. Better still, carry none. Always believe that one need both hands to break the fall that comes one in 1000 days.

Never entertain two thoughts or actions at one time. Losing focus is the mother of all accidents.

And this evening, made both these fatal errors in one instance: carried 4 items: file, box, keys and PDA, carried two thots: why boss said what he said and should I react? walking and opening boot, tucking file under golf bag in boot such that it will not get thrown all over, placing box in clothes bag, slamming shut the boot,....now let's start the car......

Hmmm... where's my keys? Ooops! In the boot!!

Well it is not the situation that matters. It is the reaction to the situation that counts.

Just two hours lost, as I waited for wife to come with the spare keys.

Or two hours gained as I strolled casually in the serene and cool evening air, down the hill, across the road, to get dinner, coffee and observed golfers driving away.

No comments: