Monday, May 14, 2007

Travel Quotes

Vagabonding is not just moving over the Earth from one place to another in some kind of conveyance. It’s not about where you’re going, or how you’re getting there, or even about getting away from it all. Vagabonds may be male or female, young or old, well-heeled or broke, hip or straight, of any color or creed. Vagabonds are often recognizable as such, but can just as easily choose anonymity. So-called hippies are often vagabonds, but not all vagabonds are hippies. You can vagabond in a pantsuit as well as by the seat of your pants. It depends on you, not on who’s looking at you.- Ed Buryn

“Experience, travel - these are as education in themselves” Euripides quotes (Greek playwright, c. 480-406 BC)

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.- Mark Twain

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

"Tourists don't know where they've been, travellers don't know where they're going." - Paul Theroux

A good traveler is one who does not know where he is going to, and a perfect traveler does not know where he came from.- Lin Yutang

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.- Lao Tzu

Where you go, go with all your heart.- Confucius

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.- Helen Keller

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.- Helen Keller

Two roads diverged in a woods, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.- Robert Frost

Now the not-so-serous quotes:

Now I know why they tell you to put your head between your knees on crash landings. You think you're going to kiss your ass good-bye. ~Terry Hanson

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. ~Mark Twain

No comments: